Saturday 3 August 2013

Kushog Highlights

Lake Kushog may be good for a lot of things like swimming, camping, fishing, sailing, kayaking, canoeing and having campfires, but it also is very interesting.  It may seem pretty small from Twin Rocks, but did you know that it is actually twelve miles long?  That's pretty big.  And did you know that in the 1980s, a tornado came through Twin Rocks?  My Dad thought that it was at least an EF3 (136-165 mph).  Even though I didn't see it myself, I can still describe it to you because my Dad knows what happened and described it to me.  On the far side of the lake a funnel cloud touched down and made its way across the lake towards Twin Rocks.  The tornado stayed high, just missing the trailer park but taking out some trees in its path.  I don't know what happened next, but the parts I do know seem pretty interesting, right?  Those are just a few of Lake Kushogs biggest highlights.  I'm sure that there are many more that I've never heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment