Wednesday 21 August 2013

Allstate-All-Canadians Mentership Cup (August 10, 2013)

Yes, I know I'm 11 days late for this, but at last I am blogging about it.  On August 10 my Dad and I went to the Allstate-All-Canadians Mentorship Cup game, an all-star game for AAA hockey players.  In the first intermission and before the game there are NHL players signing autographs, and I always look forward to that.  Last year I got Sam Gagner of the Edmonton Oilers and Martin Biron of the New York Rangers.  This year I got Matt Read of the Philadelphia Flyers and Jeff Skinner of the Carolina Hurricanes.  But I missed Brayden Schenn of the Philadelphia Flyers at the first intermission.  John Tavares of the New York Islanders wasn't there, but I still got his autograph because he, Jason Spezza of the Ottawa Senators (who was one of the coaches for the game) and some other guys had the ice at Vic Jhonson Arena before my team (I also high-fived Spezza).  So it was Team Jason Spezza VS. Team Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers.  Being a former Senators fan, I had to cheer for Team Spezza.  The first period ended in a 1-1 tie.  5-3 was the score for Giroux at the end of the second, but Team Spezza came back in the third to win the Mentorship Cup 6-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment